Belstar Capital Social Responsibility Strategy is based on a responsible development of our mission, which consists in providing comprehensive building projects to meet our customers' needs; which also offer design, planning, execution and construction as well as financing and service management solutions.
By means of this strategy, we want to achieve our Vision of being the international referent in the building of great customized works, with the highest standards of quality and a comprehensive service. As a business group, which creates infrastructure to improve the quality of life of the communities where it operates, we generate local employment, while respecting the environment and fostering progress.
We apply our Values by working every day to win the trust of our customers offering a service of excellence. We believe in our collaborators, that is why we develop their potential and promote talent. Our social and environmental commitment is part of our activities, from their conception to the handing over of the work.
Belstar Capital invests in social welfare in all the countries where it operates. Our approach is centered on the quality of life of people, social development and environmental improvement in local communities. At Belstar Capital, we are proud of the positive effects that our projects have on society.
Faithful to our vision of improving the quality of life of the society, we create a corporate culture based on nine major goals, which are developed in the corresponding specific policies of social responsibility:
1. To respect the legal regulations in effect in the countries where we operate, adopting international standards in a supplementary way, such as ILO Conventions where there is no legislation, which will guarantee the application of our principles and values.
2. To adopt corporate government practices aligned with the recommendations of a good government internationally recognized, based on transparency and mutual trust with stockholders and investors.
3. To support the development of policies and procedures for labor relationships management based on the equality of opportunities, no discrimination and respect for diversity, in line with Belstar Capital Employees Handbook. Besides that, to provide a healthy and safe work environment to our collaborators.
4. To respect human rights and labor rights, as stated in Belstar Capital Code of Conduct.
5. To establish honest and clear relationships with our vendors, based on the Belstar Capital Vendor Code of Conduct promoting an improvement of their capacities and of their quality and service level. Besides that, we commit to transmit our social responsibility and environmental policies along the chain of value, to foster its multiplying effect and the positive impact of our operations by means of a selection and recruitment process where responsible management is first.
6. To promote a culture of respect for the environment and biodiversity, minimizing the environmental impact of our activities in all the phases of our projects.
7. To reject corruption, whatever its form, by not allowing the firm and its collaborators to obtain illegal advantage by not respecting the rules of transparency and free competition.
8. To enhance dialogue with the different stakeholders to achieve a happy balance between our business objectives and social expectations, by means of responsible and transparent management with the local communities and the rest of the groups related with our activities, through the application of the Social Management Plan of the Group.
9. To provide true and significant information on the main activities carried out, submitting them to internal and third-parties verification processes which guarantee their reliability.
Belstar Capital is aware that its human team is one of the most important resources and without them; Belstar Capital will not be able to comply with its strategic objectives. Therefore, it is essential to have a selection, recruiting and talent retention process, which will enable us to have the best professionals.
We are committed with compliance of the best human resources management practices, we reject any discriminatory action and we train our selection personnel to apply these principals to all actions. We apply selection criteria and promotion objectives based on merit, knowledge and capacity; guaranteeing fair treatment during all the process.
We do no establish salary differences based on sex and we promote measures, which will support our cooperators to reconcile labor and family life. We promote hiring of handicapped workers and eliminate any type of architectonical barriers, which might prevent their work development.
Belstar Capital assumes as a strategic objective, the importance of optimizing quality and cost of equipment, materials and services; in keeping with the requirements defined by vendors and to establish long-term relationships.
The vendor selection processes adapt to the Selection and Hiring Procedure, which defines objective criteria to prevent any interest conflict arising during selection.
In this sense, Belstar Capital wants to work with its vendors towards the creation of shared value having in mind the following action principles:
To Belstar Capital, to provide a healthy and safe work environment to all their collaborators is first. To do so, we are present with a Health and Safety Handbook at the Work Site and we remain consistent with all principles, which shall rule all our activities:
For Belstar Capital, good environmental management is a priority and it is taken into account from the moment of planning its activities. An Investment in the use of the latest technologies of eco-efficiency and reduction of environmental impacts is basic to comply with the expectations of our customers and the society in general.
Together with the cooperation of its workers, Belstar Capital wants to implement an Environmental Management Plan whose main objectives are:
If you want to learn more about how Belstar Capital contributes to a better quality of life within a social and environmental responsibility framework, write to email@example.com